Ultrasound Tech – Part-time – 18 hours per week
Available Opportunity at Kansas Heart Hospital
Ultrasound Tech - Part-time - 18 hours per week - Tuesday/Thursday with possible additional hours
- Display a working knowledge of all modalities of ultrasound.
- Perform various ultrasound exams to aid the physician in the diagnosis of diseases and injuries and/or the identification of medical conditions.
- Correctly position the patient according to the particular exam to be performed to minimize the patient’s discomfort and avoid the possibility of injury.
- Recognize and document abnormalities that are observed to ensure a proper diagnosis.
- Assist with scheduling of patients when necessary.
- Complete and organize necessary paperwork, and be familiar with department charting, filing, etc.
- Report any equipment malfunctions or problems to the department manager.
- Support and participate in quality improvement activities within the department and across departmental lines in order to enhance the quality and delivery of patient care.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Should an emergency situation occur, immediately call for help and initiate proper life support measures.
- BLS certified
- Current registration with the ARDMS in at least one specialty
- Previous experience desired
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
KHH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information.
Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.