Scheduling / Admissions Representative
Available Opportunity at Kansas Heart Hospital
Job Function: Admits patients by gathering and recording physician, patient, and payment responsibility information; answering questions; providing hospital and hospital services information.
• Education: High School graduate or equivalent
• One year in a medical field setting with medical terminology experience
• Must interact effectively with all contacts, verbal and written communication skills are paramount
• Requires flexibility to adjust to stressful situations Must be able to work independently
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide clerical support for the KHH Scheduling/Admission Department with a patient population range
• Take accurate and concise scheduling/admission information from physicians, office staff and patients
• Make accurate and timely calls to all insurance companies for Benefits and requirements for admission
• Prompt calls for all insurance companies requiring pre-certification for operative procedures or inpatient stays
• Admits patients in a professional and courteous fashion keeping all personal information confidential
• Communicate and interact with other patient care team members to facilitate delivery of the highest quality of patient care
• Maintain inventory of designated supplies
• Prepare OR paperwork for their cases, to include labels and providing a face-sheet and insurance cards to anesthesia
• Performs other duties as required
KHH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information.
Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.