Registered Respiratory Therapist – 24 Hours / Week
Available Opportunity at Kansas Heart Hospital
Kansas Heart is looking for someone to work 24 hours per week night shift. Also looking for someone interested in PRN nights.
Job Function: Provide quality patient care as a member of the Respiratory Care team. Provides all modes of respiratory care in both the critical care and inpatient care areas to both the adult and geriatric patient populations. This includes the drawing and analyzation of Arterial Blood Gases.
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Must be a graduate of an approved Respiratory Therapy Program
- Holds a valid Basic Life Support card.
- Maintains a current Kansas State Board of Healing Arts registration card.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Medically prescribed respiratory care procedures, in accordance with departmental policy and procedure to include:
- Postural drainage and percussion
- Intermittent medicated aerosol therapy
- Continuous aerosol therapy
- Oxygen therapy and monitoring
- Airway management/airway insertion, pharyngeal and sterile suctioning, endotracheal intubation when approved, endotracheal intubation tube care and tracheotomy tube care
- Blood gas puncture and interpretation of the results
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Mechanical and assisted ventilation, CPAP and BIPAP
- IPPB therapy
- Incentive spirometry
- Bedside assessment of pulmonary function
- Breathing retaining
- Performs staff and patient education
- Performs assessment and evaluation, and recommends therapy based on clinical observation, patient interview, diagnosis, lab values and radiologic findings. These recommendations will follow existing protocols.
- Provides technical advice and serves as a consultant to other staff members.
- All procedures performed on all patients and office records as described in the documentation policy.
- Patient response to therapy and communicates lack to patient tolerance or adverse reactions to therapy to nursing and physician.
- All verbal and telephone orders for therapy
- Adheres to hospital, departmental and unit policies and procedures concerning payroll, personal health, infection control, hours of work, dress code, fire disaster and safety.
- Participates in shift report, effectively communicating all relevant information to the oncoming shift.
- Communicates problems encountered during working hours to the department manager
- Work schedule problems
- Treatment load problems
- Equipment and supply shortage/malfunction
- Patient cooperation
- Medical or other personnel problems
- Shall promote a “customer service” attitude toward patients, visitors and other staff members at all times.
- Shall promote an ethic of quality improvement ain all matters associated with the position.
KHH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information.
Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.