Available Opportunity at Kansas Heart Hospital
Job Function: Purchasing and Inventory Control
- Requires a professional level of knowledge in financial and inventory management equivalent to that which is acquired through a financial management degree.
- Requires a high level of proficiency normally acquired through three to five years of progressively responsible work experience.
- Requires occasional weeknights and weekends.
- Understands the process of inventory coordination and cost containment. Understands the supply/instrument needs for different service lines.
- Requires a high degree of analytical ability and strategic thinking for the development of strategies and plans for the hospital.
- Requires advanced interpersonal skills to relate effectively to hospital management, physicians and department managers.
- Adherence to plans and schedules through efficient utilization of hospital prime assets.
- Involves sedentary type work with occasional standing and walking. Requires the ability to sit for prolonged periods of time using the computer.
- Equitable and favorable vendor relationships.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting the department in all daily activities.
- Assist in planning, executing, directing, and evaluating all perpetual inventory in a fiscal manner.
- Responsible for the preparation, assembly and organization of the equipment and supplies necessary to perform the activities associated with the daily operation of the hospital.
- Assist in generating purchase orders, receiving in supplies and verifying the orders on a daily basis.
- Responsible for data projection for opening inventory, record opening for physical inventory and ongoing review of needed items on hand
- Assist the CFO in activities needed throughout the business office, which may consist of, but not limited to, analysis, preparation of financial statements and working directly with the general manager.
- Receiving and Stores: Verification of Receipt of inventory and establish locations for storage of items
- Issue, transfer and delete inventory control.
- Department Performance Evaluation Reporting
- Implement and adhere to the KHH policies and procedures.
KHH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information.
Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.