Manager – Respiratory Care
Available Opportunity at Kansas Heart Hospital
Job Title: Manager, Respiratory Care
Department: Respiratory Care
Job Function: A key member of the professional staff who assumes leadership accountability. Oversees care and activities based on policies, procedures, standards and regulatory bodies. Demonstrates professionalism and leadership and inspires confidences and credibility.
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Must be a graduate of an approved Respiratory Therapy program
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Two years supervisory or management experience
- Holds a valid Basic Life Support card
- Maintains a current Kansas State Board of Healing Arts registration card
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs medically prescribed respiratory care procedures, in accordance with departmental policy and procedure to include:
- postural drainage and percussion
- intermittent medicated aerosol therapy
- continuous aerosol therapy
- oxygen therapy and monitoring
- airway management/airway insertion, pharyngeal and sterile suctioning, endotracheal intubation when approved, endotracheal intubation tube care and tracheotomy tube care
- blood gas puncture and interpretation of the results
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- mechanical and assisted ventilation, CPAP and BIPAP
- IPPB therapy
- incentive spirometry
- bedside assessment of pulmonary function
- breathing retaining
- performs staff and patient education
- Develops and implements pertinent policies and procedures to comply with all Medicare requirements.
- Reviews and updates policies and procedures annually.
- Maintains department’s compliance with standards and requirements of all government and accreditation agencies.
- Develops a Quality Improvement plan for the department.
- Develops protocols for patient evaluation and treatment
- Organize program resources to achieve departmental goals
- Develops criteria based job descriptions and performance evaluations
- Determines staff composition and productivity levels
- Hires, dismisses and counsels personnel, with input from CEO
- Supervises and evaluates
- Orients and trains staff
- Provides direct supervision of staff
- Formally evaluates staff at least annually
- Assists professional staff in diagnosis, treatment planning and patient management
- Acts as a liaison between administration and Medical staff and the department. Acts as liaison between the other departments and Respiratory Care.
- Assumes responsibility for development and implementation of internal operations of department
- Determines material and equipment needs to provide quality care
- Supervises use of supplies and materials
- Maintains a safe and functional treatment area
- Maintains safe and functional equipment
- Provides safe and effective respiratory therapy.
- Displays a “customer service” attitude towards patients, visitors and all other staff members.
- Is responsible for all safety, infection control and other guidelines as required.
- Disseminates information to department employees.
- Schedules employees
- Prepares payroll records
KHH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information.
Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.