Manager – Non-Invasive – Ultrasound, CT and Radiology
Available Opportunity at Kansas Heart Hospital
Job Function: Oversee providing of services such as: 12 Lead EKG, Exercise Stress Testing, General Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Cardiology, Echocardiography, Vascular Technology, and Abdominal Sonography.
- Display a working knowledge of all aspects of the Non-Invasive Laboratory.
- Perform non-invasive exams of his/her area of expertise.
- Evaluate the need for repair and maintenance of equipment and keep records of these services.
- Coordinate patient and physician scheduling to ensure continuity of work flow.
- Schedule work shifts to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Develop and maintain effective communication within the department and hospital and with physicians and vendors.
- Order and maintain supply inventory needed for the smooth operation of the non-invasive laboratory.
- Perform some timekeeping duties and performance appraisals.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Develop and monitor the capital budget to ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- Maintain staff records of clinical performance and education to ensure compliance with the requirements of accrediting agencies.
- Provide orientation and ongoing education to co-workers.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Monitor and promote quality improvement activities within the department and across departmental lines in order to enhance the quality and delivery of patient care.
- Should an emergency situation occur, immediately call for help and initiate proper life support measures.
- Registered/certified in area of expertise.
- Registered radiology technologist preferred
- BLS certified
- 1-2 years management experience
- 3-4 years technical experience
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
KHH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information.
Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.