Available Opportunity at Kansas Heart Hospital
Job Function: Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities of all corporations. The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise accounts payable and materials management. The Controller will ensure that KHH has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to KHH’s mission.
- Proactive hands-on strategic thinker.
- Solid experience preparing financial reports and budgeting; coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget developments and analysis, accounts payable, general ledger, and fixed assets.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience in effectively communicating key data.
- Good organization and problem solving skills.
- Technology savvy with solid experience in Excel.
- Minimum of a Bachelor in accounting; CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience required in the accounting field.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and budget and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with explanations on variances as appropriate.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger and ensuring all assets are appropriately tagged.
- Supervise direct reports and provide backup as needed.
- Gather all appropriate data for the completion of the cost report.
- Assist CFO in any analysis or ad hoc project.
KHH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information.
Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.