Chief Nursing Officer
Available Opportunity at Kansas Heart Hospital
Job Title: Chief Nursing Officer
Job Function: The Chief Nursing Officer is a senior executive who provides vision and direction for nursing throughout the hospital. He/she has oversite for quality and efficiency of patient care. The CNO assures that all nursing areas are in compliance with state and federal regulations and maintains standards of care.
- Education: Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s in nursing or related field required. (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree must be in Nursing).
- Licensed Registered Nurse in Kansas.
- Minimum of two years in nursing leadership.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Experience in managing patient experience/satisfaction preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures high quality nursing services are provided in a safe environment for the staff, patients and their families.
- Creates and maintains nursing care standards.
- Oversite of all areas where nursing care is provided.
- Oversite of nursing education.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Participates as a member of the leadership team.
- Oversees the creation, implementation and updating of all nursing policies and procedures.
- Makes reports to the Management Committee.
- Works closely with physicians to set standards and assure quality outcomes.
KHH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information.
Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.