View Available Positions at the bottom of the page
Kansas Heart Hospital provides a unique environment in which physicians and nurses can practice the best of medicine and patients receive the finest of care. A nurse. A medical technician. A therapist. From the greeting at admission to the discharge interview, everyone is here to serve the patient and their visitors. If this sounds like the place for you, please consider us for employment.
To submit your resume, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (316) 630-5050.
Kansas Heart Hospital offers a competitive compensation program that is commensurate with qualifications and experience and a friendly team environment.
Benefits Include (PRN positions are not eligible for benefits):
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Cancer Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care FSA
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Time Off
KHH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information.
Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.
Job Function: The Cardiovascular Technologist is a member of the HCL team and is responsible for assisting, monitoring and circulating on all types of catheterization and interventional procedures performed in the HCL. Demonstrates competence in operation of equipment used for any aspect of cath procedures. Is a member of on-call team as assigned, must communicate cooperatively and professionally with patients, families, physicians, management, and other departments. Participation in cross-training and team performance is absolute.
- Graduate from accredited school of nursing.
- Maintains competencies skills – BLS & ACLS.
- Prefer a minimum of one year experience as a cardiovascular technologist
- Knowledge of patient’s rights
- Knowledge of hospital and departmental fire and safety regulations, electrical hazards, disaster plans and infection control policies
- Knowledge and understanding of Kansas Consent Laws
- Knowledge of Radiation Safety and Universal Precautions policies
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with hospital protocol and manufacturers guideline for use, processing and maintenance of supplies and equipment
- Demonstrates competency in operation and usage of all equipment and supplies in the department
- Performs exams accurately according to established procedure or cardiologist’s instructions
- Provides services that exceeds the customers’ expectations
- Provides patient care to promote quality care through interactions with others, responsive to needs and proper utilization of resources. Gives patient instruction before, during and after procedure
- Maintains good working relationships with staff and physicians
- Respects the individuality of each patient, family and fellow staff member
- Communicates effectively with customers, staff and management
- Contributes to the quality improvement plan for the department and hospital
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of work place
- Performs tasks efficiently and uses time effectively when patient volume is low, willingly accepts task assignments and schedule changes as needed
- Provides call back service according to procedure
- Assists with training of new employees and students
- Maintains accurate patient and department records
- Participation in cross-training and team performance is absolute
- Is a member of on-call team as assigned
- Assists leadership in anticipating potential problems and the prompt resolution of problems
- Coordinates lab activities, to promote smooth unit functioning, as assigned
- Demonstrates expert clinical skills and serves as a resource to others
- Promotes team work through collaboration and role modeling
- Seeks supervision as needed or required
- Administers prescribed medications in accordance with approved policy
- Responds to life threatening situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol
- Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and/or supplies as needed
- Protects patient confidentiality
Our nursing staff is composed of all registered nurses (RN). Kansas Heart Hospital sets itself apart by embracing fixed nursing ratios as follows: one nurse to two patients in ICU; one nurse to three patients in the outpatient, one day care intermediate area; and one nurse to four patients on the telemetry, general medical floor. These ratios are twice as good as the current “accepted standard.”
If you are interested in applying for a Registered Nurse position, please forward your resume to email@example.com. Your resume will be forwarded to the Nurse Managers to review against any current openings. Our managers will refer to these resumes first when RN positions become available.