PRN X-ray Technologist
Available Opportunity at Kansas Heart Hospital
Job Function: Completes the necessary CT / X-ray exams as ordered by the physician. Demonstrates competence in operation of equipment used for any aspect of radiology.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate from accredited school of radiology
- Maintains competencies skills – BLS
- Knowledge of patient’s rights
- Knowledge of hospital and departmental fire and safety regulations, electrical hazards, disaster plans and infection control policies
- Knowledge of Radiation Safety and Universal Precautions policies
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with hospital protocol and manufacturers guidelines for use, processing and maintenance of supplies and equipment
- Demonstrates competency in operation and usage of all equipment and supplies in the department
- Performs exams accurately according to established procedure or radiologists’ instructions
- Provides services which exceeds the customers’ expectations
- Provides patient care to promote quality care through interactions with others, responsive to needs and proper utilization of resources. Gives patient instruction before, during and after procedure
- Maintains good working relationships with staff and physicians
- Respects the individuality of each patient, family and fellow staff member
- Performs tasks efficiently and uses time effectively.
- When patient volume is low, willingly accepts task assignments and schedule changes as needed
- Assists with training of new employees and students
- Maintains accurate patient and department records
- Participation in cross-training and team performance is absolute
- Assists leadership in anticipation potential problems and the prompt resolution of problems
- Demonstrates expert clinical skills and serves as a resource to others
- Seeks supervision as needed or required
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs or patient
- Protects patient confidentiality
KHH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information.
Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.