Available Opportunity at Kansas Heart Hospital
Kansas Heart Hospital is looking for a full-time Medical Technologist for the night shift, rotating hours and weekends 3 -4 night per week 7p to 7a and variations.
Job Function: The Medical Technologist is a member of the professional laboratory technical staff and is responsible for performing, reporting and interpreting all levels of testing.
- The individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. In addition, they must meet the requirements listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; Medical Technology degree preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or individuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply these concepts to practical situations.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- MT (ASCP) OR CLS (NCA), or other applicable certification.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs, reports and evaluates tests and ensures the accuracy, reliability and timeliness of results through application of established procedures and technical and clinical knowledge.
- Demonstrates ability to operate and maintain instrumentation, perform quality control and participate in solving technical problems.
- Complies with all safety and regulatory practices, policies and procedures.
- Participates in the evaluation of new methods, products and instrumentation.
- Monitors inventory in the laboratory and uses resources efficiently.
- Participates in staff meetings, continuing education and mandatory in-services.
- Assists in the training of other personnel.
- Interacts with other staff and patients in a professional manner.
- Assists with phlebotomy duties as necessary.
- Assists with Manager’s duties as necessary.
KHH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information.
Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.